It’s easy to protect the planet! These tips help save energy. So get green and give the tips a try. Make sure to ask your parents before trying any of these tips!
- Keep those fans buzzing in summer instead of turning on the air conditioner.
- Place incandescent lightbulbs with compact fluorescent ones. They last up to ten times longer and can use a quarter of the energy.
- Plug electronics into a power strip and flip off the switch when the gadgets aren’t in use. (make sure this won’t mess up clocks and recordings.)
- Commit to turning off your computer before bed each night and before you go out for the day. Also set the computer's sleep mode for when the computer is idle for just a little while. By doing these two simple acts, you will use about 85% less energy each day.
- Witch off the light every time you leave a room.
- the thermostat to no lower than 25.5556°C in the summer and no higher than 20°C in the winter.
- Place your desk next to a window and use natural light instead of a lamp.
- Close your curtains to keep out daytime summer heat or keep in nighttime winter warmth.
- turn off the TV or video game console and play outside.
- Ask Mum or Dad to turn off the car instead of letting it idle while you're waiting.
- Ride a bike or walk instead of using the car.
Share these green tips with your family and friends!